Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Kovert

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #1 
A little late but here goes...

After watching an epic point break from afar yesterday with most of the south coast too big to ride the rest of this week look set to have plenty of swell on tap and a few favourable wind swings.

Friday was a stark reminder that silly season is fast approaching, everything full price, roads busy, lanes full of 4x4's not wanting to get near the edges and the benches outside the pub full of fragrant and eclectic accents.

Channel Coast: Plenty of swell slowly declining until Friday morning with winds going to the North late Wednesday with a good looking Thursday on the cards. Friday sees a strong southerly kicking in bringing with it some rain later in the day and a pretty wet looking Saturday with almost a touch of east in the wind. Sunday, wind from the south east and a whole heap warmer than the barmy 5 degrees it was today...

North coast (Devon and Cornwall): Loads of big swell unfortunately the wind will not be playing ball. Those N and WNW destroying it until Friday when it goes back south to coincide with a new big pulse. Sunday looking like an epic one at the moment...

North East: A good looking run of small to medium size swell with offshores until Thursday and some sunny spells! Wind goes a bit wobbly after that but i'm sure there will be some good slides to be had if you know where to look.

Being the Easter holidays do expect to be sharing most rideable areas with a whole lot of friends!

And as always, everything is subject to change and probably will [smile]

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #2 
Rode secret reef overhead plus yesterday morn,lovely.Today after work,tiny erfect Craze.Fri onwards looks great for n coast.If you want to share the freshly mauled wildebeest carcass,mail me.I,m going feral...
Kovert

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #3 
Surprisingly good and quiet Chally this eve! Went offshore and just got better and better with a proper wedging bank and a few barrels to boot. Good vibes and best surf there for a long time [smile]

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #4 
bGood to hear.Need to get up there soon.The one kind of break we don,t really have down this way!Just don,t make too many hollers in the barrels,ok?http://m.westbriton.co.uk/Theme-park-asks-customers-scream-rollercoasters/story-29021895-detail/story.html
G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovert
Surprisingly good and quiet Chally this eve! Went offshore and just got better and better with a proper wedging bank and a few barrels to boot. Good vibes and best surf there for a long time [smile]

Thank God for that! I have a week off when I get back so hope it holds its shape.

G

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #6 
Surfed Harlyn Tues and Wed on a droping tide tues surfed middle of bay mostly one drop occasional workable face bit disapointing Wed surfed far right of the bay take off just infront of a rock that was showing nice right hander had to myself for most of the time . Now going to be out of the water for three weeks after getting a stress fracture of the hand.
Tried out my regripped standard but would have to say the Lotus 7 is superior in every way .

G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #7 
Superior glide?

That rock is called "The Rock". It and the left at the very fast end of Harlyn called Cellars are the only waves worth surfing there. In general, Harlyn is just a close out barrel. Especially on a lower tide.

Not my thing at all.

G

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #8 
Yeah right,G!
You got to abandon the canvas,Jerry.Action Man Hands lead to arthritis.
S Fisty fast and furious this morn.Hwell gnarly and consequential this evening...
Heading west before work tomorrow.
Narrow mats waste of time really.
One trick ponies,and hold,s no good if no speed.Dangerous.I,ve ridden one at The Vortex and promptly ran back to fetch a normal mat.

Blimp

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #9 
Fisty looking good Thurs when I went home. Guess it is about what sort of waves you ride things seem to happen much quicker on reef waves not the greatess fan of beachbreaks I thought you were fan of longer and narrower mats but would have to admit much easier to slide out if you get it wrong .
G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #10 
I think we all predominantly surf reefs or good shaped waves.Your experience of us surfing soft beachies is more down to the nature of matmeets. Accommodation of all standards of rider and being stuck with whatever Neptune decides to give you![biggrin]

Ian's narrowness is just about scaling because he's small. The length is there because he hangs back a bit so works out the same.

I was jus interested to see if you thought the L7 had superior glide. On a long point I think might find the Standard Blue Streak to be quicker. Needs more of a light touch.

Different riding styles prefer different things course so you might just get on better with heavier narrower mats.

G

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #11 
Mutant Bowgie barrels for Badger this morn.
More tomorrow dawn.

G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskian
Mutant Bowgie barrels for Badger this morn.
More tomorrow dawn.

How was the crowd?

G

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #13 
Scored some sick lefts on meor today, crowds were no biggie. Been away from surf for so long I wouldn't give a XXXX for anything else.
G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #14 
New beer sponsor?

[wink]

G

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #15 
Destination Shipsterns on a canvas surf rider
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!