Author   Comment  
Blimp

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #1 
Any one tried this or done it problem I am having is when I lose my mat it is the same colour as the rocks which makes it very difficult to spot. Even if I could bleach the top it would be a start tend to lose my mat much more in winter when I am wearing gloves .
G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #2 
Can't be done meht. Well, can but won't help.

Most base nylon is pigmented when it is in liquid form, not dyed. Bleaching will give you a clean mat by that's all.

Dying the blue will change the colour (yellow will make it green, red will make it purple) but won't change the fact that it soaks up water and goes dark.

The other problem is, you need to use acid dye which involves boiling the mat. That might melt the glue on the valve.

Tie a fluro ribbon to the bung or something.

G

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #3 
Leash?Grip?Tbh,canvas deck,s no good with gloves,even goo type ones,trust me.
James H

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #4 
I'm sure G can fix you up with an aggressive, non-curing sealant that ensures you never get separated from your mat [biggrin]
Blimp

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #5 
Just prefer canvas deck mats but just bought an old standard blue streak to give that ago can guessing you can add dye to sealant you use for  deck grip . Getting used to the bear hug so have not lossed my mat last few sessions. Would never want a leash it says I can surf without a leash can you ?
piskian

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #6 
Just think of it like your hearing aid or adult diapers,mate.
Blimp

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #7 
More like only just
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!