Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
UKMS Admin

Mat Boarder
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello there.

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers Forum. Please take time to introduce yourself to the rest of the members. We're interested to know where you are, who you are, what you ride, etc.

Please take time to read the rules.

Cheer

UK Mat Surfers

SALES ENQUIRIES: sales@ukmatsurfers.org
G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #2 
I'm Graeme. I run the site.  

I ride various mats I've built myself, having been taught by master craftsman Dale Solomonson. More recently, Paul Gross of Fourth Gear Flyer has also been really helpful in sharing some of his vast knowledge. 

I'm in South Devon so take advantage of the amazing breaks we have up here but more often than not can be found sniffing around the Cornish coast as the sun pokes it's head up.

Cheers

Mat Boarder
Reply with quote  #3 
I'm Dirk. I ride Fourth Gear Flyers in the Santa Barbara area of California.
Bod

90 Degrees and Flying
Reply with quote  #4 
Aright fella, a change is as good as a rest and all that. I'll try to post a bit more often seeing how you have created such a posh looking sight.
fourstringsisplenty

Mat Boarder
Reply with quote  #5 
I'm Paul, I'm an on-the-lam wave rider somewhere on the west coast of Europe.

Except this month and next (two months in one place!) I'm in Brighton, which is a bit disappointing, really; thought I'd escaped from here years ago. Sucked back by a house sit and a pile of work.

Nice, clean new site, Graeme!

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi all, James H here from the land of stoke known as St Ives (Cornwall, UK). Porthmeor beach (aka. the "meor") is my favourite pasture when it comes to grazing the goodvibes. 

jeff

Mat Boarder
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi I'm Jeff from Florida.I ride a 4th gear Vespa and a Nuematic. 
Piskian

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi,I'm Ian.Prob won't be on here much til end of March,as pc on blink and off back to Japan.Have a good one!
jezz harty

90 Degrees and Flying
Reply with quote  #9 
hi im jezz, i work with autistic kids in a mainstream school(TA),and have two of my own ,one mainstream and one special needs
both love the sea.i live about an hour and a half from whitby ,the place i like to surf(and other places up and down the coast i dont like to name )
i own one of Gs old fattys but will ride anything, i make handplanes and love bodysurfing,i like standup/knee/sup depending on the day

obscured by clouds

90 Degrees and Flying
Reply with quote  #10 
Hi. Tony. Old Fart surfer from Hell's Mouth up in sunny Wales.
Came to mats around 2005 with one of Dale's Neumatic Flyers - via an interest in alt.surfcraft.

Was searching thru vagabond surf.com [discontinued but there must be a cache out there somewhere] for info on paipos and was steered towards Swaylocks where I found a load of guys experimenting with all sorts. dale was one of them, or rather the guru behind the continuing development of the surf mat..

The rest is history as they say. Been stuck out of the water for the last 18 months but hoping to be back in this summer [assuming we get one] my old bones can't cope with anything to cold these days.
surfempty

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #11 
I'm Dan. I work for the NHS in Cornwall and live in Gorran Haven with wife Clare and 3 kids.  Mostly riding 5GF blue streaks at the moment having discovered mat-love 2 years ago (working with Graeme).  Love to surf the local breaks (Caerhays, Pentewan) but mostly found on the North coast.

tim

Mat Boarder
Reply with quote  #12 
I'm Tim, a German mat surfer who lives in southern Sweden.

I ride 4th Gear Flyers and use DaFins, Viper V7 and Flips.

I love to film mat surfing. Here you can find the links to my last two videos.

... there's more to come.

Would love to come to England for one of the next Matmeets.
Piskian

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #13 
Goddag,Mate!Spara Treyd,airton Bever(Save the trees,eat a beaver) if that spells right in Sverige.Your vids are great!
Do you surf in Gulf of Bothnia?Been there in summer,wonderful place.If you get the chance Vestaralens over in Norway are worth the trip.Lived there for a while.
Come on over anytime,I'm sure we can put you up and show you round.
Tchuss!
By the by,we kind of prefer to be called in UK in Cornwall,not English.Tusen tag.
G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #14 
One in a few weeks Tim. See you there.

G

Mat Boarder
Reply with quote  #15 
@Piskian

Ok, UK it is 
Learning something new every day is great!

I don't surf the Gulf of Bothania since it's far up north. I live in Helsingborg which is in the south, so most of the time I'm surfing the Kattegat (which is a puddle on a global scale). We still get waves sometimes, but then it's always stormy. Right now the water is around 1 degree Celsius. Don't mind cold water but that's too extreme for my taste.

@Grayman

I saw the announcement and would have loved to come...
BUT I'm travelling to warmer waters that weekend 
I want to come to the next MATMEET though and bring my film gear and mats of course.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!