Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
stu

90 Degrees and Flying
Reply with quote  #16 
Hi all
The names Stu been surfing since 1972 which makes me an old fart, surfed mats since 09,started on a Classic which I still have but use a blue streak fatty or omni most of the time but also have a canvas standard, I love perfection not size which is a joy of the mat.
I also surf  2 Bonzer kneeboards and have a 7-10 pin tail Bonzer stand up and a Nineplus 7-0 Magic Carpet and a hand full of handplanes and like most of you a collection of fins Churchill's,Duckfeet,Viper and Da's.
I live in Oxford which as far as you can get from a wave which is frustrating, but I surf every day in the head!
I have been mega lucky to haved surfed in some amazing places Oz,Mauritius Tamarin bay I wish I had of had a mat there its a screaming left hander,Barbados which I love spain and france and  jolly old blighty.
S.
flyfisher

Mat Boarder
Reply with quote  #17 
Hi folks,
I'm Tom from Germany.

Got my first mat 40 years ago to slide the foamies of the (New) Jersey shore.
Used to ski, skate and windsurf quite a bit.
Now I sup (an inflatable) on my local river and slide whenever I get the opportunity.

I live landlocked about 4 hrs from the Dutch North Sea coast, but I 'get away' each month to some coast.
It's easier for me to get to spend time in the US or Brasil than to Devon, though.
The closest I've come was at Gwendrez last summer one lucky lonely morning.

I have a 4GF Tracker, Vespa and XL and like the new fuggly UDeeTs.

Never had a bad vibe on a mat - only smiles and cool people!

Anybody around for a session on the 18th or 19th between Ocean Beach SF and Santa Cruz?
gazman

Mat Boarder
Reply with quote  #18 
Hello, I'm Gazman or Gaz, build surfboards as a hobby but after watching Crystal Voyager again could not resist having a go a mat riding and it was well worth it, kind of hooked now.

I have a bit of allsorts on my youtube channel and mat riding will be on there more in the near future. Down at Godrevy, Portreath, Church Cove, Kennack and Poldu mainly so hopefully will bump into some of you soon. I will be the fat one with the bald head lol.

Cheers
Gaz

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QG8aywR3ikM16GdZeDMKQ
Piskian

Floppy Joe
Reply with quote  #19 
Well,that narrows it down。surprised u haven,t seen us out there.
Oh well..
timtimtim

Mat Boarder
Reply with quote  #20 
Hey everyone,
I'm Tim a surfer living in Northern Ireland and got my first mat from the shop here about 6 months ago. Do loads of surfing (longboards to fish to bodysurfing), freediving and love being in the water.
Had some fun sessions on the mat, took a few waves to get used to it but once you get it in trim it just takes off! Still get funny looks in the car park every time I inflate it but looking forward to learning more and progressing in the water too.
Cheers
G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #21 
Hey Tim.

Somehow I've JUST noticed this post from you. How are you progressing? Also, what mat did you get?

G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #22 
Be interesting to see where you surf.Plenty of swell recently up there.
G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #23 
Right then. Things are going to get going at 1.30pm

See yas there.

G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #24 
Here's the amended poster:

SLY2POINTOH

Amended info:

We’ve been scouring the charts and reading the pine cones, we’ve been checking the banks and after a meeting in the PT line-up this morning we’ve decided to put the competition element of the Slyder Cup on hold. We’ll be rescheduling this titanic clash for another date later in the calendar, when we can run in conditions that will do our slyders justice. Instead the Approaching Lines crew be holding a ‘Summer Solstice Slyder Social’ – an afternoon for the finless tribe to gather and be immersed in all things Paipo, Surfmat, Alaia and Handplane. We’ll be hosting an afternoon Expression Session and a Show’n'Shine for finless craft – getting together, before getting wet for a salty solstice celebration.

We’ll be at the Blue Bar Boardroom at 1pm for a 1.30 start. We’ll hit the water as the tide drops out and there’ll be some great prizes on offer for categories such as Longest Ride, Most Stoked and Most Rad. The hotly contested Shaper’s Shield will also be awarded to the creator of the vehicle deemed to be the most covetted craft. There will be goodies from many makers and doers, some awesome finless craft to tempt and try, so bring your savings and your stoke.

So see you at PT at 1.30 – bringing some good vibes to the Badlands!

See anyone coming there.

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #25 
Can people being spare mats tomorrow for people to try?

Cheers

G

Mat Boarder
Reply with quote  #26 
Hi all, 
New to the forum so thought I'd say hello...

Just bought myself a Mat, after not riding one in over ten years. Last time I was really into mat riding was in OZ around 2001

I'm based in west Wales and after having a super windy winter last year which wrecked most of my surf and SUP sessions I knew I needed a super efficient wave craft for windy barrelling point breaks, that I'm blessed to live near. Hey presto, I knew I had to give Mat riding a serious go again. 

So here I am, bring on the Autumn surf season [smile] 

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #27 
Hey mate. Welcome offboard. [smile]

Hopefully we'll get a decent winter after this appalling summer. There are a couple of other mat surfers that we know of in Wales.

G

90 Degrees and Flying
Reply with quote  #28 
Hi folks,
I just bought a mat - I guess it should turn up sometime this week. Frothing to get on it as it will be a first. I've looked about for Irish connections for mat-riders but haven't turned up much. Any Irish riders on the forum?
Cheers,
Ian
G

Magic Towel Meister
Reply with quote  #29 
Welcome.

What have you got?

G

90 Degrees and Flying
Reply with quote  #30 
Ha...
Now, I know bugger-all about the mats. It was an impulse purchase - a Krypt. Since buying it a few days ago, and waiting for it to ship from Oz the Ireland, I've done a lot more reading and had my eyes open to a world of intrigue, innovation, and mystery! What have I got myself in for?
I'm frothing to say the least and this is even before my first ride. There are a number of points and reefs over here that I'm looking forward to winding this thing out on. I've searched for some Irish mat-riders but not turned up anything yet. Any leads?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!